"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yern for the vast and endless sea." ~~Antoine de Saint Expery~~

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

youth....


I discovered a while ago (like 5 years) that I love youth. Not the going to youth aspect, though I do still enjoy that. I love getting to know kids, and lovin' on 'em like Jesus and seeing the "left out" ones and bringing them back into the group and helping them find their groove, who they are. This is what I want to do with my life. I want to be involved in youth ministry. I want to help them realize that they are valuable and loved beyond messsure, no matter what their peers or even parents say. I want kids to be able to live the life Jesus wants them to live. I love watching as youth turn into young adults. What is the difference? People who can believe in themselfs and also in the God who made them... and there are so many differeneces. This week my youth pastor has given me a chance to take another step into this ministry by allowing me to be a Jr youth leader. I will do all I can, I cannot promise not to screw up but I will make those mishaps just more opportunity to learn how to live better and love better. I am excited.
P.S I dunno why I put a picture of my dog and I for the "youth" bit... strange. But anywho this is Mistee. I love her.


Ashley Marie

No comments: